Get Compensated for Injuries Caused by Drunk Drivers
Have you been injured or lost a loved one because of a drunk driver? Do you feel like you have a case against a drunk or impaired driver and you need someone to help you get the settlement you deserve?
At Larson Larimer Schneider our lawyers have over 40 years combined experience helping DUI victims like you get the settlements they need to continue moving forward in their lives. Call us today to get your case started.
Impaired driving is a problem in Denver. In 2017, there were 504 crashes where someone was killed or injured due to drunk driving. If you or a loved one has been one of these drunk driving victims in Denver, we can help resolve the case in your favor. We’ll fight to make sure you have the money you need to thrive as you continue with your life.
With the recent legalization of recreational marijuana, there are even more crashes due to impaired drivers. If you’ve been in an accident with a driver under the influence of cannabis, our Denver DUI injury attorneys can determine if you have a case and help you move forward with it if you do. After all, drivers impaired by cannabis are subject to the same laws as those who are impaired by alcohol!
Work with Seasoned Lawyers for DUI Injuries
If you are among the drunk driving victims in Denver or you’ve lost a loved one to a drunk driver, call us today or click on the button at the bottom of your screen. We’ll set up a time for you to meet with one of our personal injury lawyers. This consultation is free and gives you the chance to give us all the details of your accident.
We’ll decide whether or not you have a case. If you do, we’ll set up a payment structure with where you only pay if we win a settlement for you. Then we’ll build your case, navigate the legal system, and help you start your life over again.
When you work with Larson Larimer Schneider, you’re working with a car accident lawyer in Denver who cares about you as well as about your case. We’ll build a relationship with you because we see you as a human being, not just as a number on the docket.
If you’re suffering because you’re one of the many uncompensated drunk driving victims in Denver, don’t wait any longer.
Call our drunk driving injury lawyers today to get your case started. We’ll help you get what you deserve and make sure you benefit from the standard negligence claims you can make, as well as punitive claims that the state of Colorado allows you to make to punish the other driver.
Call us today to find out if you have a case!
What to Do After a DUI Accident
Being involved in a drunk driving accident can be confusing and frustrating, especially if you or a loved one has been badly injured. The best first step is always to get immediate medical attention. Once you’ve received proper care, we recommend taking the following measures:
- Contact a Trusted Lawyer – Drunk driving incidents will likely catch the attention of Denver authority and media. Before you speak to any member of the press or police, consult a DUI victim attorney first. They’ll help gather and analyze facts with you and speak with the police and media on your behalf.
- Obtain Documentation – If you want to build a solid case, you need proper evidence. Ask the hospital you were admitted in for your medical records. If possible, get any photographs, x-rays, and other documentation they may have of your injuries. You can also ask your lawyer to get a professional photographer to take pictures of your pictures of your wounds.
- Claim Your Compensation – Your lawyer will help you file an insurance claim for the injuries you received from the accident. If the company gives an inappropriate amount or denies compensation outright, ask your attorney if you can take them to trial. While going to court isn’t always ideal, it may be essential to get the compensation you deserve.
Drunk Driving Laws in Colorado
Colorado has fierce laws that punish drunk drivers, and even bar/tavern owners in the event of a DUI accident. Here’s what you need to know about it.
- Legal Limits – It’s illegal in the state of Colorado for someone with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.8 and above to drive a vehicle.
- Who Pays? – Even if the drunk driver is at fault for the accident, their insurance company will provide the needed compensation during the settlement, and if needed, a trial.
- The Dram Shop Law – The state’s dram shop law states that an establishment serving intoxicating substances to a customer who is already drunk may be liable if that person eventually causes injury, damage, or death. It means that if you’re one of the victims, you may also sue the bar that accommodated the orders of the person, on top of the person who caused the accident.
If a drunk driver hits you or runs you over, you may file a civil case against them to get compensation for economic damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and auto repairs. You may also claim non-economic damages, like pain and suffering and loss of companionship, especially if your loved one perished because of the accident. Unlike economic damages, however, the amount you can collect for non-economic damages is capped at $250,000 (or $500,000 in special cases).