Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Denver
If you have been in a crash on your bike, it is in your best interests to find a good motorcycle accident lawyer in Denver. You may think that your crash was straightforward, but the truth is that innocent riders get blamed for things they didn’t do all the time. There is still a bit of a stigma against motorcycle riders, the result of which is that they are more likely to be deemed “at fault” in an accident, even if they were actually the victims.
At Larson Larimer Schneider, we are experts in this unique field. We have been helping motorcycle riders and their passengers protect themselves and maximize their results for over 40 years, and we would love to help you get your life back, too.
As soon as you can after your accident, call us. We can help preserve evidence that can prove your innocence and obtain that evidence so we can, in fact, use it in our own case. As your motorcycle accident lawyer in Denver, we will do everything we can to get the evidence that will preserve your rights and help you prove your story.
Even your insurance company may end up working against you. Even though a lot of motorcycle accidents happen because auto and truck drivers aren’t paying attention to the bikers around them, insurance companies can blame the rider. They may try to say the rider was speeding, not wearing a helmet (even though that’s legal in Colorado!), could have swerved or changed lanes to avoid the accident, etc. When we can get our hands on evidence early in the process or even see it as it’s being gathered, our motorcycle accident attorneys in Denver have a much better chance of helping you get what you need and want to successfully recover from your accident.
Trusted Motorcycle Injury Lawyers in Denver
We know that our job goes above and beyond representing you in court or negotiating with your insurance company. A motorcycle accident can change your life, and not in a good way! That’s why we make it our goal to help you thrive once again. We want to see you living life to the fullest, even after your accident. Our Denver motorcycle accident lawyers will do everything they can to preserve evidence in your case, fight for your rights, and get you everything that you need so that you’re taken care of after your motorcycle accident.
Call us today for an appointment! As your motorcycle accident lawyer in Denver, we’ll make sure that your rights get protected and that you don’t have to worry after your accident.
Common Causes and Factors of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can often lead to serious or fatal injuries for everyone involved. Here are the common causes and factors behind them.
- Common Collisions – About ¾ of motorcycle accidents are collisions with other vehicles, according to data gathered by HG.org. These crashes often happen with other passenger automobiles.
- Left-Hand Turns from Cars – According to online resource Nolo, about 42% of collisions involving a motorcycle and car come from an automobile making a left-turn. These often happen when a motorcycle is passing or trying to overtake the car.
- Fixed Objects – Fixed objects on roadways like signs and railings are responsible for over 25% of motorcycle fatalities.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
Getting into a motorcycle accident can be a confusing situation, especially if you or other people are badly hurt. After getting much-needed medical attention, follow these important steps:
- Contact an Attorney – Before speaking with your insurance company, it’s best to consult with a motorcycle accident attorney first. They’ll help you gather the facts needed to build a solid case.
- Document Your Case – Request medical records and other documentation of your accident injuries from the hospital where you were admitted. Tell your lawyer your side of the story and don’t leave out any detail. These pieces of information are vital in negotiating for the compensation in your case.
- Get a Proper Settlement – Your lawyer will speak to your insurance company on your behalf to negotiate proper reparation for your injuries. If they don’t accept your proposal, you can choose to take them to court.
You need to prove that you were following the state’s motorcycle laws during your settlement or trial. This is because Colorado has a modified comparative fault rule, which may split the blame between you and the other driver. For example, if a jury finds you 30% accountable for the crash, you may only get 70% of the damages in your case. As such, you need a skilled Denver motorcycle accident attorney by your side to get the proper compensation.